What To Do If An Elderly Person Is Unsafe To Drive?
8 strategies to prevent an old person from operating a motor vehicle
- Report them to the DMV in an anonymous manner.
- Make use of the forgetfulness associated with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Allow a family member or close acquaintance to ″borrow″ the vehicle.
- The automobile keys should be hidden or ″lost.″
- Take the automobile to the shop for repairs.
- Disable the vehicle.
- Sell the vehicle.
- Hide your own automobile and car keys in a safe place.