Start with “Dear Friend.” Even if you don’t know your reader by name, starting with “Dear Friend” will make them feel special and cared for. Introduce yourself. Let your reader know who you are and why you’re writing. Send positive thoughts.
What do you write in a nursing home card?
What to Write in Cards for Nursing Home Residents
- “Just thinking about you and wanted to say hi.”
- “You are amazing because…” and then list the reasons.
- “Wishing you a day filled with love and sunshine.”
- “’Grandpa/Grandma/Mother/Father/Uncle/Aunt/Etc. ‘: Another word for ‘love.
- “I love you. Just wanted to let you know.”
What do you say to a senior in a nursing home?
Suggested General Messages
- Wishing you weeks worth of smiles!
- Warm wishes to brighten your day!
- You are wonderful!
- May your day be filled with all kinds of bright sunny things!
- Sending cheerful thoughts to brighten your day!
- You are going to have a great day!
- Don’t forget to smile today!
- You are awesome… It’s true!
What do you write to a senior pen pal?
Inspiration for Writing the Perfect Letter to a Senior Pen Pal
- Bond over a new hobby. There’s never a bad time to try something new with a furry friend.
- Share your struggles. Change is a constant at any age.
- Ask for advice. Who is better at giving life advice than someone who’s lived life to the brim?
- Keep it simple.
How do you cheer someone up in a nursing home?
How to Cheer Up Elderly Loved Ones
- Listen and Learn. There is no denying that we live in an ageist society.
- Go Through Photos and Mementos Together.
- Ask Them to Dance.
- Play Games, Complete Puzzles and Do Other Activities Together.
- Let Them Be Themselves.
What do you write in an elderly person card?
Words of Encouragement I just wanted you to know how much you are loved today! Hang in there, and know that I am here for you. I’m sending thoughts and prayers your way today. I’m just sending a note and a smile to you today.
What to say to encourage the elderly?
Senior Citizen & Sayings
- Age is just a number.
- As with wine, life gets better with age.
- Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional.
- I’ve got 99 problems, but age ain’t one.
- Not just a year older — a year better!
- Old enough to retire; young enough to enjoy it.
- One gets more from years of experience than books.
How do you compliment a senior?
Here are a few popular compliments to share:
- “I’m so impressed – you’re great with a computer/smartphone!”
- “I could use your expert advice on _____.”
- “Have you always had this amazing sense of style?”
- “I love spending time with you.”
What do you do when an elderly person refuses to go to a nursing home?
Get Legal Support. If your loved one absolutely refuses assisted living but is in danger, you may need to get outside support. An elder care lawyer can help you review your options, advise you about seeking guardianship, or even refer you to a geriatric social worker who can help. Your loved one may be angry and hurt.
How do you write a letter to a senior citizen?
BEFORE SENDING YOUR LETTER(S), HERE ARE SOME GUIDELINES:
- Letters must be legible (large print) and handwritten.
- Exclude the date (day, month, and year).
- Embrace creativity!
- Be kind and thoughtful (more than talking about yourself).
- Share your act of kindness!
- Send as many cards as you’d like!
How do you write a letter to an elderly friend?
- Letters must be legible (large print), handwritten, and include no glitter. No worries if you’re not artistic– make your card as what you’d like to receive.
- Avoid religion, if possible. Your letter should resonate with anyone.
- Embrace creativity!
- Be kind & thoughtful.
What to write to a pen pal you already know?
You could even tell them about what you’ve been up to that week, if it’s quite interesting and varied.
- Tell your pen pal where you found their details.
- Keep it personalised.
- Don’t overdo it.
- Ask your pen pal some questions.
- Mention what you have in common.
- Add a little extra.
How can I brighten up my nursing home?
Add cozy touches to the main living areas, such as throw pillows, a quilt or blanket, and curtains, if possible. Ensure they have comfortable pillows and linens for their bed, too. Even if they do want new things, save a few of the old pieces if they’re still in good condition.
How do you cheer someone up for assisted living?
Here are five ways you can turn your senior loved one’s frown into a smile.
- Eat Together. Many older adults feel lonely when it comes to mealtime because they often eat alone.
- Try Nature Therapy.
- Get a Pet.
- Make Use of Modern Technology.
- Play Games.