5 pieces of essential life advice from seniors
- Think of hard times like bad weather — they too will pass.
- Draw inspiration from all the people you meet.
- Love your work — for the salary and for the people.
- Find mentors who can guide you and challenge you.
- Make the most of less.
What do you say to an elderly person?
Remain calm and talk in a gentle, matter-of-fact way. Speak louder, if necessary, but do not shout. Make sure to enunciate clearly and avoid mumbling and talking too quickly. Focus on one idea at a time, and keep sentences short and simple.
What advice would you give to someone who wants to live to be 100 years old what should the person do or not do?
Extending your Life with Healthy Living. Exercise to make your body strong enough to live for 100 years. Doing a small amount of exercise will keep your body strong and fit as you age. Develop an exercise routine while you are young and then maintain it over the decades to come.
What are 10 recommendations you would make to an older person to maintain their body as healthily as possible?
The Senior’s Guide to Staying Healthy Year-Round
- Get active. Physical activity is an immune system booster.
- Take supplements as necessary.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Learn how to manage stress.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Take steps to prevent infections.
- Schedule annual physicals.
What can a 90 year old do?
9 great activities for seniors with limited mobility
- Spend time reading. Reading is a fantastic activity for older adults.
- Explore a variety of hobbies.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get creative.
- Spend time outdoors.
- Have fun with happy visitors.
- Play games!
- Enjoy movies, TV shows, or music.
How do you communicate with elderly?
20 COMMUNICATION TIPS
- Allow extra time for older patients.
- Minimize visual and auditory distractions.
- Sit face to face with the patient.
- Don’t underestimate the power of eye contact.
- Listen without interrupting the patient.
- Speak slowly, clearly and loudly.
- Use short, simple words and sentences.
What are some good questions to ask an elderly person?
Questions about getting older
- What are the most rewarding things about getting older? Is it a lifetime of knowledge?
- What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in your life?
- Who has influenced you the most?
- What life advice would you pass along?
- If you could go back to any age, what would it be?
How do you engage old people?
Dr Khemani recommends these six activities to keep older people engaged:
- Outdoor walks.
- Senior exercise programs.
- Arranging coffee dates.
- Learning new technology.
- Pick a volunteer job.
- Take up hobbies.
What makes people able to live over 100 years?
Studies of centenarians have shown that there is a very strong hereditary component within the families of super-agers. This is clear from the fact that the parents, siblings, and children of centenarians also had exceptional longevity.
What are 7 tips that centenarians can teach us for living to be 100?
More advice from people who lived to see their 100th birthday:
- Stay active. Lil Hansen teaches yoga at 105.
- Keep your mind sharp. Toronto’s Zoltan Sarosy is a 110-year-old chess master who gave up the game at the 107.
- Keep being creative.
- Have a tipple.
- Stay stylish.
What do you need to live past 100?
100 Ways to Live to 100
- Be nicer. Shutterstock.
- Stay on top of the news—maybe just not on TV. Shutterstock.
- Practice yoga. Shutterstock.
- Cut down on meat.
- Get married.
- Sleep naked.
- Laugh more.
- Eat nuts.
What advice would you give an elderly person who wanted to maintain or improve muscle strength?
Keep moving — Engage in regular exercise, including resistance training, to maintain muscle and strength. 2. Remember protein — Eat good sources of protein from lean meats, eggs and beans. Aim for 25-30 grams of protein at every meal.
How do you manage old people?
Aging well tip 1: Learn to cope with change
- Focus on the things you’re grateful for.
- Acknowledge and express your feelings.
- Accept the things you can’t change.
- Look for the silver lining.
- Take daily action to deal with life’s challenges.
- Pick up a long-neglected hobby or try a new hobby.
What do you think is the most important piece of health advice you could give to an older adult?
Physical activity is good for your health at every age. Being physically active may help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid chronic health problems as you mature. It may help you reduce symptoms of arthritis link, anxiety link, and depression link. It may help keep diabetes and high blood pressure under control.