Here’s how you go about opening and RCFE in the state of California.
- Find a qualified, certified Administrator.
- Secure the physical plant.
- Contact your local fire marshal for a pre-inspection.
- Take the online Orientation course with DSS.
- Submit a license application to DSS.
- Market your Facility.
How do I start a residential assisted living facility?
Eight Steps To Starting An Assisted Living Home
- Step 1: Business Plan.
- Step 2: Form A Legal Entity.
- Step 3: Register For Taxes.
- Step 4: Open A Business Bank Account.
- Step 5: Secure Necessary License and Insurance.
- Step 6: Define Your Brand.
- Step 7: Market & Establish An Online Presence.
How much money can you make owning an assisted living facility?
An assisted living facility the size of a single-family house can generate a gross profit of $36,000 and $10,000 in cash flow per month. The value provided typically depends on a varying list of factors such as its amenities, location, and size.
How much does RAL Academy cost?
A couple of days ago a reader sent me a link to an organization called The Residential Assisted Living Academy, based in Phoenix, Arizona. According to the website, in a three-day class — that only costs around $5,000 — you will learn how to make your fortune owning or operating board-and-care-style assisted living.
Are nursing homes profitable?
The for-profit corporations and real estate investment trusts that own and operate skilled nursing facilities in California are some of the most profitable entities in the country, bringing in hundreds of millions of Medicare, private pay and Medi-Cal dollars every year.