The primary use of mobile apps in elderly is to keep them in constant touch with their family members. Many smartphone manufacturing companies are providing specialized mobile phones that are geared to cater the needs of senior citizens. Technology should be an inclusive factor for elderly and not an exclusive factor.
Do seniors use mobile apps?
Did you know that more than 60 percent of adults ages 65 and older own a smartphone? If you’re one of those smartphone owners, you probably use mobile apps every single day. Here we have put together a list of apps for seniors that are easy to use and can truly improve your life.
What apps do elderly people use?
Best Social Apps for Seniors
- 1. Facebook Mobile (free for iOS and Android)
- Skype (available for iOS and Android)
- ShopWell (free for iOS and Android)
- Pill Monitor (free for iOS)
- MedWatcher (free for iOS)
- iBP (iOS and Android)
- Pillboxie (available on iOS)
- Words With Friends (free and paid versions for iOS and Android)
How can I make my smart phone easier for the elderly?
Here are different ways to make any Android phone friendly for senior users.
- Use Senior-Friendly Android Launchers. Image Gallery (3 Images)
- Enlarge the Keyboard Buttons.
- Increase Text Size Across the System.
- Uninstall or Disable Unwanted Apps.
- Turn Off Gesture Navigation.
- Activate Easy Mode on Samsung Devices.
How do I make my apps more older friendly?
Tips to Make Using Mobile Apps Easier for Elderly Users
- Increase the Contrast Between Text & Background.
- Label Icons to Avoid Miscommunication.
- Format Fonts, Icons & Interactive Elements with the User In Mind.
- Avoid Complex Navigational Elements.
- Cues, Noises & Reminders.
How do old people create apps?
The following guidelines should be followed while developing apps for elderly:
- Use minimal design to prevent cognitive issues in senior citizens.
- Avoid irrelevant content on the screen.
- Provide clear instructions on how to use the app.
- Provide only those features that are required by the person.
How do you simplify iPhone for seniors?
So, if you’re ready to go, here’s how to set up an iPhone for a senior:
- ERASE AND UPDATE YOUR DEVICE.
- CHOOSE YOUR APPS.
- SET UP CONTACTS.
- USE THE ACCESSIBILITY SETTINGS.
- TWEAK THE TEXT SIZE.
- REARRANGE THE HOME SCREEN.
- DECLUTTER THE DOCK.
- SET UP FAMILY SHARING.
What are the best apps for older people?
These apps will help you stay in touch with loved ones, entertain yourself, look after your health, and keep your mind sharp.
- 1 – Zoom.
- 2 – WhatsApp.
- 3 – Pill Reminder Pro.
- 4 – Words With Friends.
- 5 – Speechnotes.
- 6 – Senior Fitness Workouts.
- 7 – News Apps.
- 8 – Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock.
How can I use my iPhone as a senior?
Let’s look at some iPhone features and tips that make the device more accessible for seniors.
- Use Display Zoom.
- Increase the Text Size.
- Utilize Speak Selection.
- Turn Up Ringer Volume and Enable LED Alert Flashes.
- Enable Find My.
- Configure Favorite Contacts.
- Set Up Medical ID.
- Configure Emergency SOS.
How can I teach my grandma to use WhatsApp?
How to setup WhatsApp for the elderly
- Install WhatsApp onto your parent’s device using either the App Store or Google Play Store, or by visiting WhatsApp on the web – whatsapp.com.
- Open WhatsApp, allow permission to access contacts and agree to all terms and conditions.
How do you teach an old person to text?
Work regularly with your grandparents to practice texting. The key to helping your grandparents learn to text is to let them know that they won’t master texting in a day. Set regular appointments to visit your grandparents to practice texting. You could also give them texting assignments to complete in the meantime.
How do I teach my grandma to use a smartphone?
Monday: Start with what she knows. Ease her in by doing some of the things she did with her old phone: make a phone call, add a contact and send a text message.? Quick Tip: Tell her, just like a desktop or laptop computer, smartphones can send email – a great alternative to pricey text messages!
How do I set up my phone as a senior?
On an Android phone: Tap and hold on the home screen and select Widgets, then scroll down to Contacts, choose Direct dial, and select a contact. You can place the shortcut anywhere on the home screen, and they can call that person simply by tapping it. You can add Direct message shortcuts in the same way.
What is easy mode in Android?
Easy Mode is just that – a simplified Home screen interface that is built right into the Android operating system. Simply go into your settings, look for your Home Screen settings and change your Home screen launcher to Easy Mode. Each of the major Android phone brands have their own version with slight variations.
What is the simplest smart phone?
5 easiest smartphones to use
- Samsung Galaxy A51. The Samsung Galaxy A51 is perfect for anyone looking to enjoy all the features offered on many of Samsung’s flagship models without the extra bells and whistles or hefty price tag.
- iPhone SE (2020)
- Google Pixel 4.
- Alcatel GO FLIP™V.
- LG Stylo 5.